If your loved one is the victim of a brain injury because of someone else’s fault, it is important to hire a top Brain Injury Attorney or lawyer. A Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) could be caused by hundreds of different types of accidents including auto / motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and premises liability mishaps.
Three steps to begin an injury cause of action
If this is the first time you are hiring a lawyer, you may not even know where to start. The process can be done in three steps:
- Ask friends or relatives for any recommendations and get names of brain injury lawyers from trusted resources.
- Meet each lawyer to learn and know more about lawyer’s skills and experience
- Hire the best lawyer, who has the best skills and experience.
Initial consultation: Before deciding to hire a head/ brain injury car accident attorney, you need to schedule a meeting. This meeting will provide you an opportunity to learn about lawyer’s background and experience with brain injury victims. Prepare a list of questions; you would like to ask the personal injury lawyer, before going to the meeting. Begin the meeting by asking the personal injury lawyer about his or her background, legal skills and professional experience. Questions you should consider include:
Below are some of the questions to ask a brain injury lawyer.
- How long have you been practicing law?
- How many brain and spinal injury victims do you work with each year?
- Are you a member of any professional organization?
- Philosophy and style of practicing law: Questions you should consider here are:
- What is your philosophy in handling the cases related to brain injury
- What is your style while working with clients?
- Do you give options and expect the client to make a decision, or do you recommend a course of action?
Case Assessment | brain injury lawyer :
- Describe the case to the negligence attorney and this will help the lawyer to give you an honest and thorough assessment. You should ask the following questions:
- What is your opinion regarding case assessment?
- What is realistic settlement or judgment?
- How long would it take to conclude this case?
- Is this case likely to go to trial or settle?
- Is arbitration or mediation an option?
Management of case:
- Will you handle this case personally or will other attorney have that responsibility?
- Who else will work on this case and what will be their roles and responsibilities?
- Will you handle all the settlement negotiations and court appearances personally?
- What is the best way to reach you?
- Legal fees: most of the spinal, head or brain injury lawyers work on Contingency fee basis, but you need to confirm this with the accident lawyer. The questions you need to ask:
- Do you take contingency fees or on an hourly basis?
- How much you would be paid if we win the case? If it settles?
- Can you estimate the total amount of all the expenses?
Conclusion: It is crucial to hire a top Brain injury Attorney or lawyer. Without hiring a Brain Injury Lawyer it is very difficult to get compensated for your brain injury. At the same time, it is important to hire a lawyer who has experience in handling similar cases.
The above questions should help you to hire a skilled and qualified and genuine head injury lawyer for your case.